[mythtvnz] configuring hvr-2200 card

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Oct 1 11:51:02 BST 2011

> Did you get the blue screen on /dev/video1? I could only get /dev/video0
> working. Also don't switch an input between DVB and analogue as I found
> this causes some sort of hardware/driver screw-up. So if you want both
> DVB and analogue I think you'll need /dev/dvb/frontend1 and /dev/video0
> set up and connected.

Getting stuff back again.

I had to restore last night's database backup after messing about with
cards and scanning. The DVB-T section of the HVR-2200 is now working again
but its using channel data from my USB tuner - scanning resulted in all
channels being 100% signal level and nothing found :(

I've re-arranged things so I now have
adapter0 = DVB-S
adapter1 = DVB-S
/dev/video0 = STB
adapter3 = DVB-T

but analog is still blue (but I get sound so its on the correct input).

So weird that it was fine to start with but nowt since. I'll try a reboot
later in case its a hardware lockup.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks