[mythtvnz] configuring hvr-2200 card

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Sat Oct 1 07:22:20 BST 2011

On 01/10/11 18:09, Robin Gilks wrote:

>> On 01/10/11 00:35, Robin Gilks wrote:
>>> Me again!!

>>> I'm OK up to this point and then the referred page talks of
>>> saa7164-cards.c and saa7164-encoder.c, both of which appear to be more
>>> up-to-date in the git clone git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git sources
>>> than
>>> the ones at
>>> http://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git?a=tree;f=drivers/media/video/saa7164;h=0acaa4ada45ae6881bfbb19447ae9db43f06ef9b;hb=staging/for_v2.6.37-rc1
>>>
>> Yes, I think you're right. I hadn't noticed this but I do have the
>> latest version. I know this because I get nagged at boot about how I'm
>> using dangerous, non-production, experimental drivers. :-)
>>
>> I have been browsing the source a fair bit and playing with v4l2-ctl to
>> see what can be changed. It seems there is a lot unfinished wrt v4l2
>> controls. Some functions even seem to do nothing and/or return zero
>> regardless of inputs.
>>
>> One thing I was kind of hoping to tweak was encoder resolution. It seems
>> to be stuck on 720x576 and I can't see a way to change this. The major
>> problem is no info on how to control the hardware or even what it is
>> capable of doing. Seems like Hauppauge keep this info locked up tight.
>> Bah! Closed IP about hardware is a perennial problem for Linux. :-(
>
> Well I made lots of progress this morning but its been downhill since
> lunchtime :(
>
> I found the patch further down the thread you referenced and like you
> manually applied it (since it was out of sync by over 100 lines in
> places), recompiled and loading it and it all sprang to life. Tuner,
> svideo, DVB-T - all working great.
>
> So I shut down, removed the flakey pvr150 and since then have a blue
> screen on the analog side and can't get the dvb-t to work at all.
>
> Looks like I'm stuck with Freeview on DVB-S until I put the pvr150 back
> into the box.... gggggrrrrrrrrrr

Did you get the blue screen on /dev/video1? I could only get /dev/video0
working. Also don't switch an input between DVB and analogue as I found
this causes some sort of hardware/driver screw-up. So if you want both
DVB and analogue I think you'll need /dev/dvb/frontend1 and /dev/video0
set up and connected.