[mythtvnz] Tuner Card

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Fri Nov 18 06:53:35 GMT 2011

> Seems unlikely that it's an NZ company since "Nicholas Kelsey, Founder
> and Chief Technology Officer" (quote from Silicon Dust web site) is
> resident in USA. Also web site says "Silicondust USA, Inc. is
> headquartered in Pleasanton, California. We have sales offices in
> Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Taiwan, and The
> Netherlands, each with their own distribution centers for these regions.
> Our manufacturing includes Taiwan and the United States."

Yes, but that's the Silicondust USA website, and they are referring to Silicondust USA with that press release. It even says that in the text.

As far as I've been aware the boxes are developed in NZ but marketed by the US subsidiary. Presumably because it is hard to convince people to take your product unless you are seen to be headquartered in the USA. If this is the case you won't see them advertise they are from NZ much!

Their MAC address allocation (00:18:DD) also registered to their Auckland office, and countless places online refer to Silicondust USA being wholly owned by Silicondust Engineering (NZ)

I could still be wrong but this is the impression I always had of them.

Ross