[mythtvnz] Tuner Card

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 18 04:09:43 GMT 2011

On 18/11/11 16:21, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Hadley Rich<hads at nice.net.nz>  wrote:
>> On 18/11/11 15:17, Nick Rout wrote:
>>> If you can get Freview DVB-T I wholeheartedly suggest a Silicon Dust HD Homerun.
>>>
>>> Plus you support a NZ company.
>> I have an HD Homerun and also like it. It works well with Myth but not
>> with TVHeadend - which likes real DVB devices.
>>

>> I don't think you're supporting a New Zealand company more than
>> purchasing any other tuner though - they are all made overseas then
>> imported and sold by distributors/resellers.
>
> I believe Silicn Dust US is a subsidary of an NZ company, owned by Kiwis:
>
> http://coys.co.nz/company/?no=1212466-SILICONDUST+ENGINEERING+LIMITED

Seems unlikely that it's an NZ company since "Nicholas Kelsey, Founder
and Chief Technology Officer" (quote from Silicon Dust web site) is
resident in USA. Also web site says "Silicondust USA, Inc. is
headquartered in Pleasanton, California. We have sales offices in
Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Taiwan, and The
Netherlands, each with their own distribution centers for these regions.
Our manufacturing includes Taiwan and the United States."