[mythtvnz] LiveTV DVB-S fails, DVB-T is OK!!

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu May 26 07:07:08 BST 2011

Just in the last week or so I've had a strange problem.

I used to have 'Avoid LiveTV conflicts' set so that LiveTV would go to the
end of my list of capture cards which I've set up as one of my 2 DVB-S
cards. This is failing with:

2011-05-26 17:55:01.407 TV Error: StartRecorder() -- timed out waiting for
recorder to start
2011-05-26 17:55:01.407 TV Error: LiveTV not successfully started

By changing the setting I start up on the DVB-T card and all is well but
switching input to one of the 2 DVB-S cards results in the same error.

What is strange is that scheduled recordings appear to be OK in that I can
record from a mix of cards simultaneously!!