[mythtvnz] old ihug dish

Neil Henwood nhenwood.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 23 10:28:31 BST 2011

>     What satellite can I hit, can I get this satellite
>
>     http://www.lyngsat.com/intel8.html
>

> I don't see why not. Only the channels whose beams cover New Zealand,
> mind...
When I can get a chance I am planning on pointing a spare dish to that
bird to see what the 2 Ku channels that I can pick up are like.

> Don't know what the LNB type and alignment of those iHug dishes
> were... does anybody know?
I have one of them on the roof of the house I am renting at the moment.
Works well as they have a 11300 Ku LNB. Picks up D1 & D2 fine. I cant
tell you where it was pointing though, but it was somewhere more east
than D1. I have an old juice bottle over it as the cap on the end has
perished in the sun and want to save it from the weather a bit.
However it may 'fall off the house' when I leave the place though ;)