[mythtvnz] Personal opinion - be careful about updating to natty

Mark Kendall markk at kc.net.nz
Mon May 2 04:01:45 BST 2011

Did a workstation/front end on the weekend and ran into a few new
problems

1) xorg wouldn't upgrade first time around, upgraded it after the dist
upgrade and then dpkg --configure -a to fix things up.
2) udev rule to give imon remote a consisitent /dev/input/remote symlink
stopped working
3) system won't reboot properly, shuts down ok though.
4) Disk checking on start on one of my partitions is happening regularly
5) Some minor screen setup issues
6) Some sort of segfault and lockup was happening every now and again
(and may still be) early on in boot.  I'm hoping that this may relate to
lirc and the changing device and that it's gone away.

Existing issue not resolved
No sound over hdmi, this worked for a while in the deep past and after
trying all sorts of options I'm wondering now if it may be an EDID
issue.

Mark