[mythtvnz] Personal opinion - be careful about updating to natty

Joel Wiramu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Mon May 2 03:39:10 BST 2011

Hrm,

I just finished upgrading my htpc backend with no issues.

I don't use the upgrade manager. My prefered method is (and trusted and tried).

remove non standard ppas/rep's.

aptitude dist-upgrade -f

-->removes crap...

then edit /etc/apt/source.list - and change to the desired release.

then apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

and finally

aptitude -f install

works a charm.