[mythtvnz] About to install Myth for the first time.

Brett Davidson brett at davidson.gen.nz
Thu Mar 31 02:31:31 BST 2011

Nick wrote:

>you would use mythnews for, eg, slashdot and mythnetvision >for a feed
>with video, eg tv3 news or youtube.

Ta.

>mount the separate drive on /var/lib/mysql/ , but probably >better to
>put / on the 10K drive and configure the raid system for your
>recordings and video using storage groups.

Hmm. Will need to add another 10K drive then as my / is currently configured as mirrored 7200rpm drives.

I was going to :
Have a redundant / and Myth config.
Use fast drive for MythTV db to not affect system too much. (Was told Myth db activiy can be heavy).
Can restore daily mysqldumps to / if needed if disk dies.

There may be up to 4 front-ends in the future.

Is the MythTV db usage that bad? If so, any other ideas?