[mythtvnz] Anyone here get DTT off Sky Tower?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 07:16:19 BST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Jonathan Hoskin
<jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com> wrote:
> That would be awesome. If you can run w_scan it should pick up a multiplex
> on channel 50 (706000000)
>
> Another useful output would be a dvbscan (or scan depending on your distro)
>
> Create a file SkyTower with the following
>
> # Additional Ch 50 multiplex from Sky Tower
> T 706000000 8MHz 3/4 3/4 QAM64 8k 1/16 NONE
>
> Then run
>
> scan -a 0 -u 5 -o pids SkyTower > skytower.pids
> scan -a 0 -u 5 -o zap SkyTower > skytower.conf
> scan -a 0 -u 5 -o vdr SkyTower > skytower.vdr
>
> In theory there are 4-5 test channel active on this multiplex.
>

> Full channels.conf from w_scan, and the 3x scan commands attached. Hope it's
> ok to attach here.

I think there is a 40k message size limit (I forget the exact number)
to prevent people sending large files. I don't pay for the server
bandwidth. Your attachments obviously got through. For anything large
please use a link (as you did for your photo).

Cheers all.