[mythtvnz] Problem with xmltv-proc-nz and TMDB lookups

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Sun Mar 27 08:56:42 BST 2011

Hi all

Today we ran out of guide data. As I had not been closely watching the
data that probably means it started failing a week or so ago and had
been slowly running out.

I tracked down the issue to within xmltv-proc-nz when the Movies section
is enabled for TMDB lookups. This has been working perfectly (for many
months) until now. I get the following whenever it runs:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/xmltv-proc-nz", line 560, in <module>
     processor(programme)
   File "/usr/local/bin/xmltv-proc-nz", line 237, in __call__
     results = tmdb.search(title)
   File "/usr/local/bin/tmdb.py", line 275, in search
     return mdb.search(name)
   File "/usr/local/bin/tmdb.py", line 253, in search
     for cur_result in etree.find("movies").findall("movie"):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findall'
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/xmltv-proc-nz", line 560, in <module>
     processor(programme)
   File "/usr/local/bin/xmltv-proc-nz", line 237, in __call__
     results = tmdb.search(title)
   File "/usr/local/bin/tmdb.py", line 275, in search
     return mdb.search(name)
   File "/usr/local/bin/tmdb.py", line 253, in search
     for cur_result in etree.find("movies").findall("movie"):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findall'
/tmp/listings-freeview.xml: Ran out of memory for input buffer at
/usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 469.

Disabling TMDB lookups results in a successful run of xmltv-proc-nz. I'm
using 0.5.7.

Any idea what's going on here? Is TMDB replying with an empty entry or
something? Can I do something about it?

Thanks

Ross