[mythtvnz] Problem with xmltv-proc-nz and TMDB lookups

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sun Mar 27 09:52:22 BST 2011

On Sun, 2011-03-27 at 20:56 +1300, Ross Williamson wrote:
> Today we ran out of guide data. As I had not been closely watching the
> data that probably means it started failing a week or so ago and had
> been slowly running out.
>
> I tracked down the issue to within xmltv-proc-nz when the Movies section
> is enabled for TMDB lookups. This has been working perfectly (for many
> months) until now. I get the following whenever it runs:
[...]
> Any idea what's going on here? Is TMDB replying with an empty entry or
> something? Can I do something about it?

Hi Ross,

There appears to be some sort of error with what the tmdb.py library is
expecting from the website API. In the mean time you can work around it
by replacing the offending line with the following;

try:
    results = tmdb.search(title)
except:
    log.exception('Movies: TMDB problem searching')
    return

I'll update the released version to have this soon.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier