[mythtvnz] Slightly OT - which new TV

Steve Holdoway steve at greengecko.co.nz
Sun Mar 27 05:53:12 BST 2011

On Sun, 2011-03-27 at 15:49 +1300, Steve Hodge wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 14:51, Steve Holdoway <steve at greengecko.co.nz>
> wrote:
>         On Sat, 2011-03-26 at 18:45 +1300, criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
>         wrote:
>         > They often rotate their monitors to allow for "portrait"
>         mode for more
>         > height.
>         >
>         > Must be possible for desktop usage, but would be an utter
>         waste for mythtv.
>         >
>         >

>         Not brilliant even for the desktop, as pixels aren't square...
>
> What do you mean?
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_aspect_ratio

A lot are now square ( they weren't when I was working in image
processing but that was in the steam powered days - we had one expensive
monitor with square pixels, the rest were 4x3 ).

Widescreen PAL and 1080i are two local notable exceptions.

Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MNZCS <steve at greengecko.co.nz>
http://www.greengecko.co.nz
MSN: steve at greengecko.co.nz
Skype: sholdowa