[mythtvnz] Slightly OT - which new TV

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 21:07:38 GMT 2011

EQC/Insurance will have to replace our Sony 46" TV, which hit the
floor and the centre speaker, rendering it munted (official ChCh
term).

I really liked the Sony, good picture, 3 or 4 HDMI inputs, does
24/50/60 fps at 1080p, has a setting to get rid of overscan, has
proper EDID info, sensible remote control, but was a generation before
ethernet connectivity and DLNA.

So what should I be looking for in a TV these days, besides the above
things. Not sure I really need DLNA, but it might be useful. Is 3D
ever going to be worth it?

What other makes are any good?

Tips, hints welcomed. Cheers. (On topic as will be attached to mythtv
of course).

Nick.