[mythtvnz] heads up - Listings - C4/Four transition

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:16:30 GMT 2011

> I know myth devs who would shoot you down for playing with the mysql rather
> than using the tools provided (mythtv-setup).

Perhaps.  I had a look at the channel editor and I couldn't see where to
enter the service id or multiplex id, although the latter might have been
correctly set if I had been able to guess that the frequency meant freq id.

The channel table is, as far as I can see, near the 'leaf' of most
relationships, although it is obviously related to the program and recorded
tables.  I would not try to add a card via sql though...

If you meant run a scan on a working system, that's something I won't do
again (I don't remember exactly why, I just remember I won't do it again).

Mythtv is a great system which has actually changed the way I record and
watch tv.  But it is quite complicated.  I made quite a few wrong decisions
when originally setting up my systems, which are not all that easy to
correct because of all the recordings I now have (and the space they take).

So the way that I do things is not necessarily the correct way, but the way
that I am happy makes the minimal alterations to my working system, and that
I am confident I can reverse if I want to...  :-)

Brendan