[mythtvnz] heads up - Listings - C4/Four transition

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:03:59 GMT 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 9:42 AM, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> On 8/03/2011 9:14 a.m., Nick Rout wrote:
>

> > I know myth devs who would shoot you down for playing with the mysql
> > rather than using the tools provided (mythtv-setup).
>
> Best then, that you do not introduce them to me please Nick.
>
> However my impression of mythtv-setup is that its part of an initial
> setup however as tidy up is required following its use (in any event) I
> am not convinced that is the path of least resistance, nor that there
> would be a good basis for shooting me down?

There are many interdependencies in the various tables in mythconverg.
Screwing with them without really knowing what you are doing is a recipe for
disaster. Don't shoot the messenger, and don't blame anyone but yourself if
you screw your database.

I did exactly as you did "Seems to me (now that I've got around to it) that
one only needs to edit
the names in mythweb settings, ie the above xmltvid's and change C4 to
Four, and C42 to C4 and it should be good to go." and it worked fine. But
that is not directly accessing the database.

> Anyone know the default_authority for FOUR?

What's dat?