[mythtvnz] New motherboard

Scott Newton scottn at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jun 14 05:41:10 BST 2011

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:12:48 Stephen Worthington wrote:
> What sort of MythTV box is it?  Backend only?  Backend/frontend?  How
> quiet does it need to be?

Front and backend in one box and is in the lounge so needs to be as quite as
possible. The current case is a small form factor one so would need a
motherboard to fit that.

The current motherboard is about five years old. It has been suggested I look
for something with a Geforce 9400/8400/8200 chipset which can do HD/Freeview
rather than the Geforce 7025 which is a bit basic.

I would prefer to go Nvidia but if not what other options are there?

Hope that fills in a bit more of the details.

Thanks

Regards
Scott Newton