[mythtvnz] New motherboard

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Tue Jun 14 05:23:17 BST 2011

On 14/06/11 16:03, Scott Newton wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm needing to replace the motherboard on my mythtv box - anyone got any
> recommendations or things to avoid?
>
> Thanks
It depends on which cards PCI or PCI-E and the video card (single or
double width) you have.  Is it an FE only or BE/FE?
I was caught out with a M-ATX Gigabyte board that had an available PCI-E
slot for my HVR-2200 only to find that the end of the 2200 hit the
memory slots.  With older M-ATX boards you lose the PCI-E slot if you
put in a double width GPU.  Newer boards you will lose a PCI slot.
Although large, an ATX M/B gives you the safety buffer of more slot
combinations.
I get the feeling with the grunt required for quality de-interlacing of
1080i a silent box is getting pretty hard to achieve.  My box sits in
the laundry and is connected to my TV with a 10m HDMI cable, so in the
lounge it is truly silent.

More information about your setup i.e DVB-T/S etc. would help.

--
Graeme Woollett
email g.woollett at irl.cri.nz

This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic transmission contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This information may be legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this electronically transmitted information is strictly prohibited.