[mythtvnz] iTVC16 with MythBuntu does not detect card

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 06:28:18 BST 2011

I have just installed MythBuntu 11.04 and the card is not detected.
What do I have to do to get the control centre to detect them?

I have to cancel out of the "MythTV Backend Setup" language selection
before I get any thing useful (the full screen application with "(1)
General (2) Capture Cards..." menu).  I ran the "(2) Capture Cards" menu
and entered /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 as capture cards.

I run the "Mythbuntu Frontend Control Centre" and give it the primary
backend role and the desktop frontend role.

When I run MythTV Frontend it grizzels that it cannot contact the back
end.  ps ax cannot find anything that looks like a backend.

I am really not quite sure what to do

~$ lspci |grep -i TV
04:08.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16
(CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
04:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16
(CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

cheers
Worik

--