[mythtvnz] HDMI handshake

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Jun 4 11:13:44 BST 2011

> On 4 Jun 2011 20:56, "criggie" <criggie at criggie.org.nz> wrote:
>>>
>>> I can see the frontend process getting fatter and fatter (memory-wise)
>>> and somewhere around 2G it just crashes. Most often while watching a
>>> recording or a local file. Whatever memory leak it has - ultimately it
>>> kills it.
>>> I'm running gentoo with mythtv 0.24. I have tried various git versions
>>> over the last few months, but ultimately it either gets very slow to
>>> respond or just simply crashes.
>>
>> So your two-pronged approach should be
>>
>> 1) stop the frontend from crashing
>> Try doing that gentoo thing where you recompile with different flags
>> till it works...
>>
>> 2) allow the HDMI to work again after a crash.
>> Have you tried making the frontend crash while its attached to a
>> different HDMI capable device? Even to take your mythbox to someone
>> else's place for a diagnosis.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
> Lets do that again...
>
> Hi Pshem
>
> I to am using Gentoo but ~x86, what portage overlay are you using?
>
> I'd agree make sure you're using same compile flags and recompile all of
> mythtv even qt and ffmpeg.  Start mythfrontend with more a verbose log and
> see if theres any more info in there...
>
> Regards
> Tim Gibson
> Mobile: 028 2580 1104 Twitter: NZtimbo

Top posting corrected, footers trimmed....

I'm also running Gentoo and not seeing any crashes like that. Many moons
ago I found that firing up alsamixer and muting then unmuting a few
controls (especially the spdif ones) always got lost audio back.

I'm using the git portage stuff which I last emerged on 25th May and it
gives me the following:
MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-1-g347cd24
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.2
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_alsa using_oss using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

Been up for 7 days as of this writing without problems on a 2G diskless
(and hence swapless) Zotac board.

--
Robin Gilks