[mythtvnz] HDMI handshake

criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Sat Jun 4 09:55:49 BST 2011

On 04/06/11 20:21, Pshem Kowalczyk wrote:
> On 4 June 2011 19:50, criggie<criggie at criggie.org.nz>  wrote:
>> So, what causes the frontend to crash?
>
> I can see the frontend process getting fatter and fatter (memory-wise)
> and somewhere around 2G it just crashes. Most often while watching a
> recording or a local file. Whatever memory leak it has - ultimately it
> kills it.
> I'm running gentoo with mythtv 0.24. I have tried various git versions
> over the last few months, but ultimately it either gets very slow to
> respond or just simply crashes.

So your two-pronged approach should be

1) stop the frontend from crashing
Try doing that gentoo thing where you recompile with different flags
till it works...

2) allow the HDMI to work again after a crash.
Have you tried making the frontend crash while its attached to a
different HDMI capable device?  Even to take your mythbox to someone
else's place for a diagnosis.

Good luck!

--
Criggie