[mythtvnz] HDMI handshake

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 09:21:46 BST 2011

On 4 June 2011 19:50, criggie <criggie at criggie.org.nz> wrote:
> On 04/06/11 19:39, Pshem Kowalczyk wrote:
>> Crash of the frontend (and shutdown of X as result) seems to be the trigger.
>
> So, what causes the frontend to crash?

I can see the frontend process getting fatter and fatter (memory-wise)
and somewhere around 2G it just crashes. Most often while watching a
recording or a local file. Whatever memory leak it has - ultimately it
kills it.

I'm running gentoo with mythtv 0.24. I have tried various git versions
over the last few months, but ultimately it either gets very slow to
respond or just simply crashes.

kind regards
Pshem