[mythtvnz] Podcasts in Mythtv

Rob Connolly rob at webworxshop.com
Thu Jul 7 01:48:44 BST 2011

On 7 July 2011 12:28, James Booth <james at booths.net.nz> wrote:
> Can anyone suggest an elegant solution for incorporating audio podcasts into
> Mythtv? The older plugins (which were a bit crappy anyway) have not been
> kept up to date.
>

> All I want to do is to be able to listen to subscribed podcasts though my
> myth frontends, ideally including lirc support. In the absence of any
> specific plug-in is there a way I could download podcasts with a suitable
> client and have them automatically scanned and included in my MythMusic
> files?

I don't know about Myth integration, but gpodder [0] has a
command-line mode so that you can use it from cron. It also has
support for syncing subscriptions to a web service so that you can use
multiple instances.

If you set up a cron job for gpodder downloads and have them download
to a directory that MythMusic indexes it should work.

HTH,

Rob

[0] http://gpodder.org