[mythtvnz] Possibly OT: UPS question

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 12 07:04:30 GMT 2011

AAARGH!!!   Sodding piece of crap they are.   They work fine as a power
supplier, and its good they added a cooling fan, but the USB one is
totally standards non-compliant.

The best suggestion I have is to swap it for the older serial one, or
try the latest bleeding edge NUT with the hid driver, whatever its called.

Or return it, and buy new batteries for your APC.  If that's scarey
sounding let me know - I think you're in Christchurch.

BTW in theory anything that talks to /dev/ttySx should talk to
/dev/ttyUSBx just the same.  The dynamix one breaks the USB standard but
I don't recall exactly why.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/