[mythtvnz] Possibly OT: UPS question

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Jan 12 06:17:58 GMT 2011

Greetings all

I've just replaced (or at least trying to!!) the  UPS on my backend. My
preference is to have all those disks let down carefully in the event of a
power failure:)

I've got a Dynamix 1700 that uses a USB connection back to the PC. I've
tried NUT which always worked fine with my APC UPS but no go with this
one.

I've also tried the included software as well but that wants to talk to a
serial port on the UPS - not a lot of good when its a USB port!!

Anyone any clues on how to drive this beast or does it go back?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks