[mythtvnz] Install: trouble with starting channel

Kenneth Dixon kenneth.b.dixon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 00:46:39 GMT 2011

On 4 January 2011 13:13, Chris Bayley <chris at thebayleys.net> wrote:

> That's basically correct, trouble is 'StartingChannel' is a drop down box
> that won't populate even after a successful scan! Frustrating as I think
> that is the only staring between me and myth nirvana. Interestingly there is
> a bug lodged against 0.23 which has another user experiencing the same
> problem with a DVB-T card. That bug shows as fixed for 0.24(which I am
> using). It's getting pretty close to 'Use the Source Luke!' time !
> Curiously when I use setup to add a new capture card not one but two cards
> are added to the database! Exiting setup gives me warnings about startup
> channel on two cards.
> I wonder what you have in your DB ?
>
> Will now spend some time fixing motorbikes until frustration subsides !
>
> Kind regards,
> Chris Bayley

Ah I see, do your channels have a "Video Source"  in the backend setup (or
sourceid in channels table in DB)?

looks like double tuner entry could be the "Max recordings:" setting in
capture card -> recording options. This produces extra entries and allows
multiple recording off one tuner as long as the recorded channels are on the
same multiplex. Mine is a dual tuner and has 6 entries in the DB all up and
my "Max recordings" setting is 3 for each tuner, so it adds up.

Ken