[mythtvnz] Install: trouble with starting channel

Kenneth Dixon kenneth.b.dixon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 20:46:08 GMT 2011

> > Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/
> As far as I can tell, yes I have, I have worked though all the setups,
> 1-4 but get stuck trying to add channels to the video source in the
> input connections screen, I can scan the channels easy enough - but just
> can't shift the  "Please add channels to this source" in the Startup
> Channel.
>
> :)
> Chris

Hi Chris, If I understand the problem correctly all you need to do is add a
number to the "Starting Channel:" field for each source you have.  '1'
(without quotes) is probably fine (TV One).
Not sure what it does, but I think it just sets the channel to start when
you start live tv for the first time, from then on it defaults to the
channel you were watching when you last exited live tv.
This should get rid of the warning message when you are trying to exit
mythtv-setup.

Ken