[mythtvnz] Split server setup.....

chris bayley chris at thebayleys.net
Sat Jan 1 21:27:44 GMT 2011

Hi team, as a new inductee into the mythtv fold I am just struggling at
little with my setup.

I have a compact media PC as the front end, a decent server armed with a
WinTV-HVR-4000 as backend, and a raid5 NAS box serving the NFS file
store and MySQL database. So it seems obvious as to configuring the
frontend for the database server but I don't see where to tell it about
the backend server ?

Also, it is not clear to me at this time the intricacies of recording a
FTA broadcast from the frontend interface using the DVB card on the
backend...
Is that standard fare ? or does my front end machine have to act as
secondary backend ?

Regards,
Chris