[mythtvnz] heads up - Listings - C4/Four transition

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Feb 3 04:34:14 GMT 2011

On 02/03/2011 03:27 PM, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 13:36 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
>> As I undertsand things from Sunday C4 becomes Four and a C42 becomes C4.
> That's what I've read too.
>
>> I use tv_grab_nz-py
>>
>> I see no current listings data for c42 (Freeview channel 9) - perhaps
>> because it is a music station?
> The official listings to C42 were only ever "C42 Alternative Music
> Television" so not a lot of point to them
>
>> anyway, does anyone know how the data provider at nzepg.org will handle this?
> I'm guessing sometime before Sunday the XMLTVIDs will be switched around
> to four.freeviewnz.tv and c4.freeviewnz.tv so your mythtv database will
> need to be updated.
For anyone using the DVB-S EIT data they appear to be doing an SID swap
on Sunday night, and as such FOUR won't be appearing on a new SID. EPG
data for FOUR is already appearing in the C4 listings as of Sunday , and
the new lineup for C4 is showing up in the C42 data.

Hence on DVB-S 12456H will change as follows on Sunday Night
SID 1921 becomes FOUR
SID 1940 becomes C4

Looking at the EIT stream I'm expecting to see the same swap there so
you will need to update your channel names and associated icons etc.