[mythtvnz] OT What do we make of IGLOO?

Geoff Barkman geoff.barkman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 23:53:58 GMT 2011

With the reshuffling of Frequencies for Freeview next year, it is
possible because RSM is rejigging them starting next year.
http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/policy-and-planning/projects/digital-terrestrial-television-frequency-restacking/timing-and-channel-information.

Having spare frequencies will enable sky to expand... and get greedier.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 12:33 PM, David Moore <dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On 08/12/11 11:43, Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>> No news on whether this will be satellite, or terrestrial, or both. I
>> am guessing satellite unless Sky are devloping a DVB-T infrastructure.
>>
> After very short googling this article:
>
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/business/6098379/Igloo-pay-TV-details-released
>
> says:
>
> "It will launch by June next year and will be available to the 86 per
> cent of New Zealanders who can currently receive FreeviewHD broadcasts
> using UHF aerials."
>
> So I suppose it will use TVNZ terrestrial transmitters? Some spare
> spectrum or new spectrum available maybe? Not really interested myself
> at least until all the current watchable Freeview content gets migrated
> away from FTA. :(

     Cheers
Geoff Barkman