[mythtvnz] OT What do we make of IGLOO?

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Wed Dec 7 23:33:24 GMT 2011

On 08/12/11 11:43, Nick Rout wrote:

> No news on whether this will be satellite, or terrestrial, or both. I
> am guessing satellite unless Sky are devloping a DVB-T infrastructure.

After very short googling this article:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/business/6098379/Igloo-pay-TV-details-released

says:

"It will launch by June next year and will be available to the 86 per
cent of New Zealanders who can currently receive FreeviewHD broadcasts
using UHF aerials."

So I suppose it will use TVNZ terrestrial transmitters? Some spare
spectrum or new spectrum available maybe? Not really interested myself
at least until all the current watchable Freeview content gets migrated
away from FTA. :(