[mythtvnz] HD Video jerky...

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 23:53:42 BST 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>> You will find a photo of various PCI and PCI-e connectors on a motherboard
>>> here:
>>>
>>> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0c/PCI_und_PCIe_Slots.jpg/800px-PCI_und_PCIe_Slots.jpg
>>
>> It is the card manufacturers who do not specify.  For instance those
>> video cards referred to in a previous post do not.  I have do look at
>> the photo and make a guess.
>>

> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=854467&CatId=319
>
> Specifications: Interface: PCI
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187042
>
> Details: Interface: PCI
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814139046
>
> Details: Interface: PCI
>
> What's so obscure about that? If the interface was PCIe it would say
> PCIe (and probably x16)
>
> Unfortunately newegg do not ship to enzed.

http://www.pp.co.nz/VideoCards-PCI.php

Unfortunately the 8400 card is out of stock. The PCI ones are hard to
find! What is your budget?

0. get PCI nvidia card, 8xxx series or higher.

1. Upgrade motherboard, if your proprietary dell computer will allow that.

2. whole new computer, in which case revo may be your cheapest option
(I assume all along that this is a frontend only).

3.