[mythtvnz] HD Video jerky...

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Aug 14 08:56:40 BST 2011

On 14/08/2011 7:02 p.m., Worik Stanton wrote:
>> In my experience your PC is likely to be fine if you use vdpau.

> I will need a new computer as my Dell has an older PCI slot
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conventional_PCI) that as far as I can
> tell will not do.

Only if you say so - and want to pay the extra lucre...

> But it looks as if I need a PCIe x16 slot for the following cars.  Is
> that correct?

No

>> Any of these would probably work, even though we still don't know your
>> motherboard...

Read the preceeding sentence (and post) again!

The links I gave you are all advertised as the "older" pci slot, so
those cards should work in your "older" Dell.  (Unless they have
misrepresented the advert which can happen...however some googling
should sort that out pretty quickly.)

HTH