[mythtvnz] intro

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Tue Aug 9 22:49:33 BST 2011

On 09/08/11 22:33, Bruce Wilson wrote:
Hi,
The HVR-2210 uses the NXP7164-2010-03-10.1.fw image, which seems to have been extracted to support the HVR-2250 (US equiv of the HVR-2210 I guess).

I used the media_build git repository. As I believe this has taken over from the saa7164-stable hg repository.

Wow, the first user of mhegepgsnoop :-) Just happens that I found mhegepgsnoop first when googling for a mheg5 to xmltv converter. I did download hads at nice's one too but haven't tried it yet. The -v option was very handy to see the xml id, as I did have to tweak them from what I originally used,

Cheers
Bruce

So does the HVR-2210 need different firmware to the HVR-2200 for basic
digital tuning functionality? I have a 2200 which works fine with Steven
Toth's drivers.

You are the first person I have heard is actually using mhegepgsnoop.
:-) Post a dump of the backtrace for the dvbsnoop glitch when you have
time. No hurry. I haven't looked at the code for a while anyway and I
don't use the dvbsnoop mode any more myself.

I tried to make the xml channel id stuff a bit clever. You just need a
fairly good match between the xml id and what's broadcast in the MHEG
data. For example, xml ids fv_tvone or FV_TVONE or one or ONe should
match channel one's id so long as there isn't another xml id more
similar to the MHEG id. Hope that makes sense. Also you can check the
verbose output to see what the MHEG chan ids are.

The NZ MHEG data uses NZ times so you want no timezone offset if your
machine is also using NZ timezone data. I haven't tested the transition
to/from daylight savings much. So watch out for incorrect times in your
EPG when DST rolls around again.

David

Has anyone gotten the mpeg2 encoders on these cards to work??

--
Graeme Woollett

This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic transmission contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This information may be legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this electronically transmitted information is strictly prohibited.