[mythtvnz] intro

Bruce Wilson acaferacer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 01:48:58 BST 2011

Hi all,
I just wanted to introduce myself, as I have just signed up to the list.
I have almost finished setting up a mythtv box using mythbuntu. I'm using
the HVR-2210 dual tuner for DVB-T. I got the 2210 as is was cheaper than the
2200 and comes with a remote control. I had to compile v4l with a patch to
get the HVR-2210 to work. I still have not got get the remote control
working. tried lirc - but no go yet.
Just installed a gigabyte GT430 card - now can play/watch HD without maxing
the cpu and getting sound breakup.
Using  mhegepgsnoop.py_0.3<http://sourceforge.net/projects/mhegepgsnooppy/files/mhegepgsnoop.py_0.3/>for
xmltv (thanks David).  Works great with direct access, but dumps
python
backtrace in dvbsnoop mode. Also a bit of a learning curve to know to set
xml id's up and set time zone to none.

Cheers
Bruce Wilson