[mythtvnz] digital-terrestrial-television-frequency-restacking

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Apr 17 08:31:04 BST 2011

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:31:04 +1200, you wrote:

>I found this information today.
>I assume this will require modification of my MythTv setup
>
>http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/policy-and-planning/current-projects/digital-terrestrial-television-frequency-restacking
>

>John

Thanks for that.  It will be a pain to get the changes done at the
right moment so that no recordings are missed.  I do sometimes record
things early on Monday mornings when the changes are to take place.

I have just written myself a script so that I am ready.  This should
work when the times comes, but of course I have not tried it yet.

adjust_freqid.sh:

#!/bin/bash
# Update the channel frequencies for FreeviewHD from Wharite for the
# August 2011 changes.
source /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
mysql -u $DBUserName -p$DBPassword -h $DBHostName $DBName << EOF
update channel set freqid = 32 where freqid = 50;
update channel set freqid = 34 where freqid = 48;
update channel set freqid = 36 where freqid = 59;
EOF

exit 0

If you use this, do not forget to adjust for the correct before and
after frequencies for your transmitter:

http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/policy-and-planning/current-projects/digital-terrestrial-television-frequency-restacking/timing-and-channel-information/