[mythtvnz] Local help in Dunedin?

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Tue Apr 5 09:51:12 BST 2011

> Somehow the command line option --config-file
> ~/.mythtv/<SourceName>.xmltv is not being defined when mythtv-backend
> calls this so it writes to the standard ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_nz-py.conf file
> instead.
> Specifying this option within mythtv-backend might make it work.

MythTV specifies this as the name of your source and should happen
automatically. It's always set this whenever I've used it, it wouldn't
make sense to only specify it when grabbing listings and not when
setting up the grabber.

It was (probably) designed this way so you could use the same grabber
for multiple sources, with different config files for each. That makes
sense to me. I'm not sure why it isn't getting specified for you!

> Not a biggie. Once the initial setup is completed manually mythtv seems
> to find it from then on.

Do you mean when grabbing listings, or when trying to set it up again?

Ross