[mythtvnz] Local help in Dunedin?

Brett Davidson brett at davidson.gen.nz
Tue Apr 5 09:44:03 BST 2011

On 05/04/11 19:32, David Lowe wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 6:49 PM, DB <dba008nz at yahoo.com.au
> <mailto:dba008nz at yahoo.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks everybody problem now solved. As per Brett Davidson post, I
>     just
>     copied  tv_grab_nz-py.conf to Freeview.xmltv and now all working.
>

> So - list - is there something wrong with tv_grab_nz-py -- configure?
> Can we help future Dougs by making all this easier? I've been trying
> for a while to write up the definitive instructions for NZ channels.
> Anyone want to assist?
>
> - David

Somehow the command line option --config-file
~/.mythtv/<SourceName>.xmltv is not being defined when mythtv-backend
calls this so it writes to the standard ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_nz-py.conf file
instead.
Specifying this option within mythtv-backend might make it work.

*runs away to try*

Hmm. Once it's defined the first time it seems to stick.

Brat.