[mythtvnz] Local help in Dunedin?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 03:01:23 BST 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 1:08 PM, DB <dba008nz at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> David Lowe has been giving me some help by email which has been grate.
> Getting closer at finding what the problem is. Seems to be something with
> the grabber not updating the file located in
> /Home/(yourname)/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv
> I don't understand if this file is made by tv_grab_nz-py, and updated with
> the xmltv data from the grabber. I need to confirm this first, if the
> grabber is downloading the data, and where it's data is stored.
> Can anybody explain to me where the grabber data goes?
> If I run tv_grab_nz-py from a terminal, the screen scrolls with xml data
> which look like what I would expect to be in the Freeview.xmltv file.

The Freeview.xmltv file is only a config file that contains details of
what channels you want data for. Mine looks like this:

nick at media:~$ cat .mythtv/Freeview.xmltv
channel=basefm.freeviewnz.tv
channel=te-reo.freeviewnz.tv
channel=prime.freeviewnz.tv
channel=rnz-national.freeviewnz.tv
channel=rnz-concert.freeviewnz.tv
channel=georgefm.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
channel=maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
channel=stratos.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv3.freeviewnz.tv
channel=c4.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tvnz7.freeviewnz.tv
channel=parliament.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tvnz6.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv2.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv1.freeviewnz.tv
channel=cue.freeviewnz.tv
channel=four.freeviewnz.tv
channel=u.freeviewnz.tv

For channels you don't want the = is replaced by a !

What version of mythtv and from what distro are you using?

The Freeview.xmltv file is created or updated by running tv_grab_nz-py
--configure, which is done when you set it up in mythtv-setup, or can
be done manually from the command line.

The raw xml data from running mythfilldatabase does not remain in the
system, it is stored in the database, but not as xml.

Now go to mythweb and go to setup (at the top, the spanner icon, then
TV (button on left hand side) and channel info (tab at top). Make sure
this all looks sensible with no duplicate entries. If there are, come
back to the list and let us know what you see