[mythtvnz] Slightly OT - which new TV

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 02:17:10 BST 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:43 PM, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> On 26/03/2011 10:07 a.m., Nick Rout wrote:
>> EQC/Insurance will have to replace our Sony 46" TV, which hit the
>> floor and the centre speaker, rendering it munted (official ChCh
>> term).
>>
>> I really liked the Sony, good picture, 3 or 4 HDMI inputs, does
>> 24/50/60 fps at 1080p, has a setting to get rid of overscan, has
>> proper EDID info, sensible remote control, but was a generation before
>> ethernet connectivity and DLNA.
>>
>> So what should I be looking for in a TV these days, besides the above
>> things. Not sure I really need DLNA, but it might be useful. Is 3D
>> ever going to be worth it?
>

> Nick I hope you'll let us all know what you decided, why, and did it
> meet your expectations?

Haven't decided yet, making do with the old bedroom TV, a 32"
panasonic "hd ready" - in other words hopelessly 1368x768, bleech.

Saw what i really want, a sony 55" 720 series in the sony shop in
riccarton today, very thin, led/lcd. Must be good, Bob Parker was
looking at them too...

I will have to pay more than what insurance will get me for that
though I suspect.