[mythtvnz] Idle temperature of Asus Bravo Silent GT220

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Wed Sep 29 04:20:04 BST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Mark Kendall
Sent: Wednesday, 29 September 2010 2:08 p.m.
To: MythTV in NZ
Subject: [mythtvnz] Idle temperature of Asus Bravo Silent GT220

It seems to operate ok, with basic cpu and case fans the machine is now
finally quiet enough for me however it may need additional cooling (as
summer rolls on) which I was hoping to avoid.  At idle first thing this
morning the GPU temperature was sitting at 67 degrees.  I've taken out a
card that was probably impeding air flow over the heat sink and will
keep an eye on it and report back.  I suspect that adding some closed
cell foam to tunnel air better may also be required.

Mark

I've just installed a GT220 on the weekend and had a similar problem in that
I have had to install it right next to another card. Mine is only idling at
42 degrees.

James.