[mythtvnz] Prime = Advertising HD for the Games also

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 00:41:32 BST 2010

> The add did not make this distinction, as I recall, and it was seen over
> Freeview.  (I hope no one asks I find it and view it again
> please!)

Yep I saw that ad on Prime too, during one of the Rugby replays. I think I
still have the recording floating around. I was wondering how they would
manage to get HD down the pipe, and naively just thought they had figured
something out.

> I made the posting principally because I understood the Prime Freeview
> DVB-T share of the pipe was limited to SD, given the way mux
> bandwidth is divied up and shoe-horned together.  On reflection I suppose I
> should have said that.

I guess if I saw the same ad on an Analog broadcast I would've been able to
accept that HD was a Sky-only thing. But on a HD capable medium like
Freeview HD it's a bit lame to not point it out.

Do most consumers consider Prime on Freeview HD to actually be HD already /
not care?