[mythtvnz] New silent Nvidia card / USB DVB-S tuner

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Sep 20 09:16:48 BST 2010

> > What's the problem there?
> >
> Ditto that question. I have a Pana plasma full HD and have it set to
> overscan to avoid showing permanently lit top left pixel on TV1/2.
> Doesn't seem to have any impact on picture quality. Only hassle is if
> content uses full height or width which means pic can be clipped a
> little. Usually no biggie.

Overscan uses the TV internal scaler. Driving a DFP at any resolution
other than native will cause picture quality degradation. This does
require the DFP to support pixel mapping, some do not.

Having recently used the latest model Pana V20 for a week..
The default Pana plasma setup is for shop showroom.

I did not find any bright pixels or lines (pre 1080i ONE & 2).
IMO the Pana just-scan pixel mapping is the best setup for pic quality.
IMO the TV internal scaler is inferior to nvidia feature set C GT 240.

Can not comment on de-interlacing performance as did not use internal
freeview or any interlaced video signals. I could not see anything wrong
with the de-interlacing from the video card.

Brett.