[mythtvnz] New silent Nvidia card / USB DVB-S tuner

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 10:49:28 BST 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Brett <mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz>wrote:

> > Even to my tired old eyes the picture is way better than the old
> > GT8400 it replaced, and the lack of a fan is very nice. I don't (yet)
> > have DVB-T HD setup, I am on satellite only but the SD myth stuff
> > looks very nice on the vdpau-high quality setting. I do have ripped HD
> > stuff, like the 1080p Avatar, and it looks gorgeous.
>
> > The video card also also came with a remote control and a remote
> > receiver/light sensor in the box too.
>

> AFAIK
> Need alsa 1.0.23 & nvidia 256.xx  for audio over hdmi. I can not confirm
> this as do not have any hdmi audio equip yet.

well I am uncocerned anyway for the reasons already stated.

Compiling alsa 1.0.23 is a pain due to the enormous bloated xml
> dependencies (??).
>
> The IR device being seen as HID device means it is not supported (??).

No, it means it is seen as a keyboard, and can either just be a keyboard, or
it can be routed through lirc to do key mappings.

> Does the IR remote receiver plug into video card bracket ?

no it is usb.

> Make sure you have direct pixel mapping/just scan (no overscan) set in
> display.

I do have, Sonys will do that.

As for the panasonic in the bedroom. GRRRR