[mythtvnz] New silent Nvidia card / USB DVB-S tuner

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Sep 19 06:05:08 BST 2010

> Even to my tired old eyes the picture is way better than the old
> GT8400 it replaced, and the lack of a fan is very nice. I don't (yet)
> have DVB-T HD setup, I am on satellite only but the SD myth stuff
> looks very nice on the vdpau-high quality setting. I do have ripped HD
> stuff, like the 1080p Avatar, and it looks gorgeous.

> The video card also also came with a remote control and a remote
> receiver/light sensor in the box too.

AFAIK
Need alsa 1.0.23 & nvidia 256.xx  for audio over hdmi. I can not confirm
this as do not have any hdmi audio equip yet.
Compiling alsa 1.0.23 is a pain due to the enormous bloated xml
dependencies (??).

The IR device being seen as HID device means it is not supported (??).

Does the IR remote receiver plug into video card bracket ?

Make sure you have direct pixel mapping/just scan (no overscan) set in
display.

Brett