[mythtvnz] TV2 moving to 1080i?

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 21:16:20 BST 2010

> > 5.1 Audio will be along in a month or two as they finish migrating to
> > their new playout equipment.
>
> OK I can see an increase in file size, not had a chance to see if
> quality is any better yet. Moving to 5.1 audio, does that mean a
> change in codec too? Where does this stuff get announced/discussed?

Just compared Big Bang Theory from this week with last weeks episode.
Granted I only have a 720p TV, it still looks slightly better, but I had to
be standing right in front of my TV to see it. I'd be interested if it would
help justify a 1080p TV to the CFO ;-)

Please let the 5.1 Audio be AC3...

Jonathan