[mythtvnz] Making MythTV email me with errors

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Wed Sep 1 23:07:25 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 09:58 +1200, lists at whitehouse.org.nz wrote:
> I just happened to log into MythWeb and noticed that I had an error:
> Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2010-09-02 03:49 and ended on
> 2010-09-02 03:49. FAILED: xmltv returned error code 512.
> There's guide data until 2010-09-08 00:50 (6 days).
>
> A quick Google suggests that this should be easy to fix (although I have
> no idea why it failed after months with no issues), but we are going away
> and I could easily have been caught out.

thetvdb.com is down currently which is likely effecting nzepg.org - if
that's what you are using.

> Is there a way (a plugin, a script somebody has written etc) to have
> MythTV email errors that are likely to require intervention like:
> * this one (a guide update failure);
> * a failed recording;
> * low space or, if "AutoExpire instead of delete" is turned on, very few
> remaining deleted recordings to expire; or
> * a failure of mythconverg_backup.pl.

The easiest way to do that for mythfilldatabase would be to check the
entries in the settings table of the database as that's where that info
is stored.

I wouldn't worry too much though as generally there is 7 days of data
and if an issue lasts longer than a day or so I'm sure you'll see emails
on this list.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier