[mythtvnz] Android phones as remotes

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 20:49:14 BST 2010

On 20/10/2010 11:23 a.m., Nick Rout wrote:
> I haven't used mythdroid but I tried mythmote last night and it was
> very successful for watching recorded TV and general navigation, until
> my battery went flat.
>
> Was a bit of a fag sometimes having to switch from the "navigation"
> tab to the "media" tab. But overall it worked well and with no lag at
> all.

Thanks for the feedback Nick.  I logged a ticket on the devs website and
he suggested a few things to try.  In the end I updated to the latest
version released a couple of days ago and it fixed my problems.  Now it
launches and connects immediately.  When I downgrade the issue reappears.

As for mythdroid, I quite like that app too.  But to get it to work you
have to perform what I consider to be a hack by inserting an application
in between mythfrontend and the lcdserver.  I don't think I've done this
correctly which is why I can't perform some of the functions on the remote.

As for XBMC remote I got that working correctly the other day and it is
quite awesome.  Do you use the myth:// protocol or mythbox plugin or
other?  I quite like the mythbox plugin but I have playback issues and I
wonder if it is because I need a LATM-patched ffmpeg.

Regards

Ross