[mythtvnz] Pointers on how to track down machine lockup

Garrett Stoupe garrett.stoupe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 22:26:43 BST 2010

try running memtest leave running over night

if it locks up then it is most likely a faulty mother board, if there
are memore errors (Usually happens with in the first loop) then you
will have faulty memory.

if this passes with out failing fidn out the brand of hard drive you
have and run there diagnostics

if itis a maxtor or seagate run seatools

hirens has all the software you need to test it and you can download
it from http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

I am a hardware engineer if you have any issues contact me off list

Regards

Garrett