[mythtvnz] EPG

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Thu Oct 7 21:50:20 BST 2010

>> I'm guessing that most people just use the XMLTV data from nzepg.org.
>> For me, feeding and watering an MHEG5 scraper would be an exercise in
>> WAF reduction.
>
> Certainly the tv_grab_nz-py script that downloads from nzepg.org is
> (IMHO) the easiest way to go, but either should be fully automated
> once set up. The W shouldn't even know or care how the data gets
> there.

I would tend to agree. The only issues would arise if the box in
question did not have access to the Internet, although even when you
grab the listings yourself having an Internet connection greatly
improves the quality of the data (with the numerous processors
available.)

I do grab the data using epgsnoop but I use that data to feed a number
of MythTV systems, and I also grab data from other satellites where
available. I also grab data for a certain pay TV operator which is not
available from nzepg.org (for obvious reasons.)

If you have a DVB-T only system and an Internet connection nzepg.org
for your listings source would seem to be the way to go.

Ross